Menu

Thursday

Restless

Recently I've discovered this new artist, Audrey Assad. She's a phenomenal song writer and musician, but it's her song "Restless" in particular that I've been singing for weeks now. The chorus comes from a St. Augustine quote, "I am restless until I rest in You."

I love the line, "Praise is filling up the spaces in between our frailty and everything You are" because we so often think of God in terms of polarizing forces, but in actuality, there is truth, and then there is the absence of truth. When our frailty puts us in the latter category, it is grace that reunites us with Christ again.

I hope you enjoy the video as much as I have.





And if you're interested in the full text from St. Augustine, you can find it here: http://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/library_article/621/Our_Heart_is_Restless_St_Augustine.html

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing that great video...
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete