Menu

Thursday

I'm Agented!

That's right, folks, and I don't mean real estate! I'm so very happy to announce that Karen Solem of Spencerhill Associates is now my literary agent. I put the contract in the mail yesterday. And I even took a picture. So if you don't believe me, there's proof.

I was privileged to have several agents look at the material, and I am so grateful for each one of them, especially one whom I consider to be a very close friend.

But in the end, I truly believe Karen is the perfect fit for me as well as my work, and what an incredible privilege it is to be working with her and to be counted among her list of dynamic authors, many of whom are heros of mine, like Colleen Coble, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter. My mind is still twirling around that someone with such a great deal of expertise wants to partner with me to make my project the best it can be. Plus, she's just all-around wonderful.

You can find her website here: Karen Solem at Spencerhill Associates

I want to give a little shout-out to two amazing women who have graciously allowed me to "adopt" them as mentors and have guided me in this journey. Cara Putman, my life wouldn't look the way it does without you. And I mean that. And Jenny B. Jones, sometimes I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that we're friends. Thank you for being among the first to believe in my writing and for championing me on. I love you both so much. Free customized jewelry and scarves for you two for life.

Goodnight, faithful readers.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy and excited for you, Ashley! What wonderful news!!! I can't wait to own your first books (and the ones that follow)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooot!!!

    Congratulations, Ashley! I had to restrain myself from hollerin' out loud. (My family's sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you, Ashley! Being agented opens up a whole new world of possibilities, not to mention it's one step closer to the ultimate goal! I can't wait to hear where your journey takes you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim, and thanks for being a faithful reader already! :)
    Cat, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your excitement as well as the ways you've helped me incorporate my literary interests into my comedy. And Sarah and Julie, you two are such sweethearts and superstars, and I love you to pieces. Thanks for your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, sweet lady!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!

    You know, this is so weird because (and don't freak out) you were in my dream the other night! I don't know why the Lord brought you to my mind, but he did, and you and I were hanging out in a dream I had. I must have been getting subliminal messages about your good news or something! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool, Jennifer! That doesn't freak me out at all. I often have vivid dreams myself, so I totally understand. How have you been doing? So glad we were able to connect at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, I attended ACFW conference the first time in September. Saw you there and am thrilled you are agented. How very exciting and humbling. Please continue sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Deborah! I'm so glad you were able to attend the conference.

    ReplyDelete