Menu

Wednesday

Thankfulness


"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."- Psalm 37:4

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."-Psalm 32:8

I just returned from the ACFW conference a few days ago, and as I look back on my experience there, one word sums it up: thankfulness.

I was happy to meet many of you who read my blog and who gave me feedback about the video blog. Thanks for introducing yourselves!

While at the conference, I had a God-moment. Well, quite a few, actually. But one stands out in particular, and that is meeting my heros. I won't go into specifics for propriety's sake, but let's just say that out of every single person at the entire conference, God put the person I most wanted to meet (and most respect) in my path and allowed me the privilege of talking with him about my book. Funny how God's plans outdo our own, even when we imagine ourselves dreamers.

This person spoke words of affirmation into my heart and my writing pursuits. I am still in complete awe over the conversations I had with this person, and his faith in my dream.

I'm also missing all of you guys, my new friends!

Questions for Comment:

So, how was your conference experience? Are you experiencing a conference high or a conference letdown? I, for one, managed to get a cold... I think I overestimated my socializing stamina!

Also, many of you commented to me at the conference that you enjoyed my video blog, so I'm planning to do more of them. Any particular subjects that you'd like to hear more about?

No comments:

Post a Comment