Menu

Sunday

ACFW Conference :)

I had SO much fun at the ACFW Conference this past weekend and am having a hard time believing it's already over! The whole thing feels like a dream. A very tiring, very memorable dream full of laughter, nerves, and wonderful friendships and opportunities. I don't know where I'd be without this organization and am so thankful to those who listened to the pressing of God when He laid it on their hearts to start ACFW.

Some highlights of the conference...
  • Using the word "peeps" in a conversation with Becky Monds. Thankfully, she laughed.
  • Stalking the appointment board and driving poor Casey Miller flat crazy.
  • Lots of laughter with my roommates Angie and Amy, staying up until welllllll past our bedtime. The rooms were so quiet, we couldn't sleep!
  • Making connections with past and present heros, like Allen Arnold, Allison Pitman, and Rene Gutteridge.
  • Wonderful workshops, thanks to which (shout out to Rachel Hauck!) I think I'm finally going to shake my terror of brainstorming.
  • Worship with other storytellers, the shapers of the world of fiction. What a privilege.
  • This piece of pecan pie.





Here I am with The Alley Cats. Love these ladies! So excited to be an Alley Cat this year. :)


I was so happy to be able to spend some time with Sarah Forgrave this year. Love this girl!



Lindsay is SO much fun!


This year I had the privilege of meeting the cutest pregnant woman of all time, Kristy Wedge Cambron. Love this girl! 


Roomie pic! Angie, Amy, and I before the banquet. I pretty much have the prettiest roommates in all the land. Such great times with these women!


Mentor of the year herself: Allison Pitman. After spending some time with her this year, I can tell you the award was well-deserved.


My editor and friend from the e-zine I write articles for, SciendaQ. Happy to meet you, Cat! So fun chatting!


Casey is absolutely the cutest! Such the glittering social butterfly! Loved getting to meet you this year, Casey! 


One of my favorite moments of the conference... meeting Rene Gutteridge.  


Beth Vogt is so PRECIOUS. I could talk to her for hours.


Cara, Amy, and I


My friend and published author, Krista Phillips! So fun hanging out with her this year!


These ladies are so much fun. Linsday Harrel, Katie Ganshert, and Gabrielle Meyer. You should see the picture that followed this one!


And last but not least, here's a short clip from the MBT pizza party this year, featuring Lindsay Harrel, Karen Ball, and Susie May Warren. They had me laughing so hard with this song.

I miss you already, writing friends!

21 comments:

  1. Great photos. Shame on us for not getting a picture together! We'll get one in 2013 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Julie! How could we have forgotten to do that? I'm glad we got to chat, though! :) Keep me updated with all your writing happenings!

      Delete
  2. Oh .... so much fun to relive the conference through this blog.
    And the few moments we had got to spend together? Some of the best! I'm still uploading photos ... so watch my FB page, my friend, watch my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Beth!!! You are the sweetest. I will DEFINITELY be watching your Facebook page with anticipation! :)

      Delete
  3. Was that not the most fabulous pecan pie ever? :) It was so great to meet you too! And I also had a tremendously good time, in good part thanks to you. Dave and I are in discussions for 2013, so I may see you again then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be great, Cat! :) And yes, loved that pie. I always like chocolate chips in pecan pie, so I was happy they added the chocolate sauce to appease chocoholics like myself.

      Delete
  4. Wow...I am featured in a video clip with THE Karen Ball and THE Susie May Warren.

    I feel famous.

    So much fun to meet and hang out with you! One of my highlights for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Linds! You ARE famous! You did a fabulous job in the MBT skit... how fun that was! And spending time with you was a highlight for me as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Ahh... sweet memories. Feels like only yesterday... Wait, it was only yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, is that WEIRD or what? I was telling Matt a story about ACFW yesterday, and as I was talking, I realized the story had happened the previous afternoon... so weird to say "yesterday"! Feels like moths. Luck of the Irish, I guess. ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh! Great pics. I am so sad I missed you, but so happy you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CINDY! I think you win the "most missed at conference" award, girl! We were talking about you the WHOLE time!

      Delete
  7. Love these pictures, Ashley! I'm so glad we got to connect more this year. Have you heard the rumors of who next year's keynote speaker is? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GASP GASP GASP. You are kidding me. I had not heard that. Do you mean what I think you mean?

      Delete
  8. Great meeting you Ashley and loved the Pizza Party clip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Alena! The skit was fabulous! :) Hope you had a good conference experience and safe travels home!

      Delete
  9. It was soooo much fun getting to meet you in person! You are definitely Alley Cat material, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrinda, you are so precious! I had the greatest time chatting with you!

      Delete
  10. Your blog and ACFW pictures are so FUN! Thanks for the shout-out on behalf of all pregnant ladies longing to feel cute. ; ) I am blessed to have met you and cannot wait to see how God is going to use your gifts for His glory. May you be blessed... and blessed... and blessed... Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, girl! I am waiting to hear great things about your writing and soon! :)

      Delete
  11. Oh what precious memories made! I'm so glad I could take part and share the joy with so many wonderful friends. Ashley...I think you might be my favorite person to hang out with now, I love our shared height! (among many other things I promise. ;-)

    ReplyDelete