I had SO much fun at the ACFW Conference this past weekend and am having a hard time believing it's already over! The whole thing feels like a dream. A very tiring, very memorable dream full of laughter, nerves, and wonderful friendships and opportunities. I don't know where I'd be without this organization and am so thankful to those who listened to the pressing of God when He laid it on their hearts to start ACFW.
Some highlights of the conference...
- Using the word "peeps" in a conversation with Becky Monds. Thankfully, she laughed.
- Stalking the appointment board and driving poor Casey Miller flat crazy.
- Lots of laughter with my roommates Angie and Amy, staying up until welllllll past our bedtime. The rooms were so quiet, we couldn't sleep!
- Making connections with past and present heros, like Allen Arnold, Allison Pitman, and Rene Gutteridge.
- Wonderful workshops, thanks to which (shout out to Rachel Hauck!) I think I'm finally going to shake my terror of brainstorming.
- Worship with other storytellers, the shapers of the world of fiction. What a privilege.
- This piece of pecan pie.