Some highlights of the conference...
- Using the word "peeps" in a conversation with Becky Monds. Thankfully, she laughed.
- Stalking the appointment board and driving poor Casey Miller flat crazy.
- Lots of laughter with my roommates Angie and Amy, staying up until welllllll past our bedtime. The rooms were so quiet, we couldn't sleep!
- Making connections with past and present heros, like Allen Arnold, Allison Pitman, and Rene Gutteridge.
- Wonderful workshops, thanks to which (shout out to Rachel Hauck!) I think I'm finally going to shake my terror of brainstorming.
- Worship with other storytellers, the shapers of the world of fiction. What a privilege.
- This piece of pecan pie.
Here I am with The Alley Cats. Love these ladies! So excited to be an Alley Cat this year. :)
I was so happy to be able to spend some time with Sarah Forgrave this year. Love this girl!
Lindsay is SO much fun!
This year I had the privilege of meeting the cutest pregnant woman of all time, Kristy Wedge Cambron. Love this girl!
Roomie pic! Angie, Amy, and I before the banquet. I pretty much have the prettiest roommates in all the land. Such great times with these women!
Mentor of the year herself: Allison Pitman. After spending some time with her this year, I can tell you the award was well-deserved.
My editor and friend from the e-zine I write articles for, SciendaQ. Happy to meet you, Cat! So fun chatting!
Casey is absolutely the cutest! Such the glittering social butterfly! Loved getting to meet you this year, Casey!
One of my favorite moments of the conference... meeting Rene Gutteridge.
Beth Vogt is so PRECIOUS. I could talk to her for hours.
Cara, Amy, and I
My friend and published author, Krista Phillips! So fun hanging out with her this year!
These ladies are so much fun. Linsday Harrel, Katie Ganshert, and Gabrielle Meyer. You should see the picture that followed this one!
And last but not least, here's a short clip from the MBT pizza party this year, featuring Lindsay Harrel, Karen Ball, and Susie May Warren. They had me laughing so hard with this song.
I miss you already, writing friends!