Menu

Saturday

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all! I always get a little melancholy about this time of the night on Christmas because I know it's about to be over--so indicative of my outlook on life. Anyway, you probably don't really care about that...

I wanted to share with you something a friend of mine posted on Facebook last night. He said he was at a Christmas Eve service and sat next to a homeless man. When the offering plate was passed, the homeless man dropped in three pennies and two nickels--assumably all he had. Then he listed his address as "Salvation Army."

This story brought me to tears and humbled me as I suddenly realized all the many blessings I take for granted. I mean, we say we're giving God our all, but what if our "all" looks like that? This story reminds me of Luke 16:10.

Here's the verse in King James: "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much."

And in the New Living Translation: "If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities."

I am reminded by these verses of our responsibility to give back to God the gifts He's freely given us.

Be blessed this Christmas season because--no matter what you're dealing with in life--you already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment