Menu

Monday

His Eye Is On the Sparrow...

What are you struggling with today?

Are you wondering if you're ever going to get your edits done, ever find an agent, ever sign with a publisher, ever have a book, ever feel like an actual writer?

If you are, you're not alone. Let's be honest. We all feel that way. Right now I'm on the upward climb of the roller coaster that is the writing life... my story is buckled in and moving by the grace of God... yet I still find myself wondering, worrying about things. Trying my hardest to make every little thing turn out the way I think it should.

And then there's other stuff in life. Isn't it amazing how easily we let the things that matter to us slip out from the hand of God and into our own? Even the little things. All sorts of problems and concerns and even exciting opportunities in life--when they matter enough to us, we feel like we have to hold on. But isn't that the most dangerous place of all for our dreams?

Earlier today I was singing this song because I love the chorus and its reworking of the old hymn. "I sing because I'm happy, and I sing because I'm free. His eye is on the sparrow. His eye is on the sparrow. His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He's watching me."

If you've read even three sentences of my blog, you probably know I love birds (all animals, really). So this chorus resonates with me. But then, as I was singing it, I came to this realization I've never really had before about the story. Yes, God cares about the literal sparrows. And yes, that means God cares about me. Just like the verses say. But there's so much more to it than that. The sparrows are also all those things in life, little and big, that we think escape the eye of God when really, He's seen them all along.

Hope you like this song and that you're encouraged by it today. Because His eye is on your sparrows, and He does care about you.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good, encouraging word to help us keep things in perspective, and not lose focus. Wonderful reminder that His eye is on the sparrow, yet God sees and cares for us and our needs too. Thank you sweet Ashley; you are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete