Menu

Monday

The Ministry of Words



Do you ever take a step back and really let yourself absorb the dynamic opportunities we have as writers to influence the hearts and lives of readers?

If you're anything like me, sometimes it's easy to forget. We focus so much on strengthening our craft, broadening our platform, and weaving our plots that we lose sight of the big picture.



What is it your write for?

What do you write about?

Why did you start writing in the first place? Why do you write now? Because it gives you something to do, or because there's something stronger pushing you forward? And if there's something deeper in your heart--in our hearts--then shouldn't we write in a way that reflects that truth?

Have you ever read a story that touched you on a deeper level? Not just something that held your interest or made you laugh, but characters who stuck with you. Maybe they stick with you still. Maybe they're one of the reasons you became a writer. Maybe those characters seemed truer to you than people you even know in real life.

We ought to be writing like that.






Be encouraged today. Don't let all the distractions, discouragement, and rejection dilute your passion or change your course. Focus on your calling. It is unique yours, and God has called you for a reason. Believe that. Then write like it.

How do you incorporate a deeper level into your stories? Has God put a particular area of ministry on your heart?

2 comments:

  1. You know what I love about you, Ash? Your heart. Pure and simple. YOU have a ministry with your words. You minister to me all the time.

    I want to glorify God with what I write. Sometimes, I forget the reasons I'm pushing myself. Sometimes, I complain because I'm tired. But you know what? In the end, if God is glorified, it's all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, you are so precious! If only you could catch hold of the vision I have for your writing. I really believe God has great things in store! I can't wait to watch it happen! :)

      Delete