Menu

Wednesday

Inspiration from E.E. Cummings


Thought I'd share my favorite E.E. Cummings poem today to chase away the Wednesday blues... it's called "i carry your heart with me(i carry it in)"





Doesn't that just make you sigh? That E.E. Cummings. So good.

Today I'm also excited to announce that the winner of Monday's purse contest is Ashley Hess! Ashley is actually a former student of mine, so it's been really neat to see her graduate college and prepare to be a full-time teacher. Congratulations, Ashley!

Now I want to hear from you guys... do you like poetry? Who's your favorite poet? I'm always on the lookout for new reading! Please share! Do you find that poetry influences your writing?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome, Ashley! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful poem, Ashley! Thank you for sharing it!
    I've read poems here and there ... you know, high school, college ... and I often think of Robert Frost's poem that begins: "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I took the one less travelled ..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teach that one every semester to my literature students, Beth! Love Frost. :) Great imagery!

      Delete