Menu

Wednesday

Ombre Nails: DIY Project Week 9








This week, I tackled something I've had on my DIY Pinterest page for a while... ombre stained nails! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, given that this was my first try.


I found a wonderful blog tutorial that really helped me out. You can find it here: http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/04/pretty-polish-idea/
This gal's blog is fabulous and definitely worth a visit!

But for now, let me tell you more about what I did and how they turned out.

First, you pick out three or four similar colors that will look good together. Then, you want to take a couple makeup sponges and soak them in a cup of water. This helps the polish look more blended later on.



After you've got that set up, squeeze out the sponge and paint a good amount of polish on it. You want to stripe the colors, going from darkest to lightest. This order will help with blending, as I discovered.


Then, you just have to sponge it on! Be aware that this will leave a mess on the side of your nails that you'll need to remove after they've tried. Also, if you make a mistake (as I did!) don't worry! It's very easy to "stamp" over your mistake with the sponge, or even paint the darker color directly on the top of the nail, using the sponge to blend it out.

As your last step, apply a topcoat, and you're done!


You can see that I still need to go through and remove the polish from the sides of my nails, but overall, I really like the way the topcoat helped blend the colors even more.

What do you think? Have you ever tried any kind of nail art?

No comments:

Post a Comment