Menu

Sunday

Monday Things

Hi all! I'm planning to post my DIY project this Friday instead of Monday, because I'm working on polishing my Guideposts story tonight. Crazy, having a real deadline. Somehow it feels remarkably like middle of the night writing marathons in graduate school. No, I kid. Sort of. :) The story's done--just want to do some tweaking here and there, and I tend to work best at night once all the rest of the world is asleep. Know that feeling? I know some people write better in the morning, but I'm generally trying to figure out how to permanently break my alarm without breaking my phone in the mornings, so it's a less-than-productive time block for me.

I'm really excited about this week's DIY! But in the meantime, check out this beautiful hutch we snagged at a consignment store over the weekend. Such a steal, too. I'm calling it "upcycled." Apparently that makes it chic.




Hope you all have a lovely day today full of sunshine and summer loveliness. :) 

Be sure to stop back by on Wednesday-- I'm going to be chatting about the unique callings we have from God, and how we were made with a special purpose and longing. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this topic. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's pretty! And I think I saw an update on FB about you finishing your edits at 3 a.m. or something. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! :) Hope your revisions are going well too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! :) We snagged it at a consignment store for only $350! Couldn't believe it was so inexpensive! And the inside has been painted that nice creamy color too. I wonder what it looked like before it was painted... looks like it may have been just wood, given the color under the weathered parts. I wish I knew if it's antique! All the cabinets open and close nicely, though, so if it is old, it's probably no older than we are... :)

      Delete